Welcome, Guest! Registration RSS

BGaming

Tuesday, 16/04/24
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bgaming  
Forum » Main » Flash Games » Longbow's Flash Game Reviews (Well yes, they are rubbish, but I had nothing to do so...)
Longbow's Flash Game Reviews
LongbowDate: Friday, 05/09/08, 7:46 PM | Message # 1
King of the Fishies
Group: Moderators
Awards: 1
I got bored so I thought I would write some reviews for the mini-games on this site. (Probably useless rubbish knowing me)
Also bear in mind that the ratings are based against free online games, I mean you would struggle to find a free game that can compete with CoD4 or Crysis (except wesnoth...)

Added (05/09/08, 6:03 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Urban Sniper
First up the Urban Sniper games 1 & 2:
Really fun target practice, the mission instructions aren't very clear but the game itself is ace! You have to hit the stick men in the head to take them out and if you miss or kill someone near them they start to run. This game IMO is better than the Tactical Assassin series as you can de-scope and look around and you don't fail if you hit the wrong person at the time. There is much more freedom to kill mwahahhahha! (sorry).
It is great practice for fps or those who like to snipe on mp games. In US 2 on later missions rival snipers appear in high buildings and will try to hit you. They have a little timer above their heads which really piles on the pressure. My personal preference is just to mess around on the easy levels and randomly kill people.
Oh yeah, a little party piece, if you hit the little squares on cars (you know, the bit for refeulling) they explode and horrifically maim nearby stickmen- it's great!
Rating: 9/10

Added (05/09/08, 6:04 Pm)
Alpha Bravo Charlie
A nice helicopter game with good concept but you get few lives and it is a struggle to get past level 2. The picture on the front is misleading, you don't get a big ol' Apache, only a diminutive Blackhawk/Seahawk thingy. You have bombs (X) and rockets (Z). Steering is with the arrow keys but try not to go so high you go miles off the screen otherwise you can come crashing down in an unwilling suicidal kamikaze.
Rating: 7/10

Added (05/09/08, 6:59 Pm)
Silent Death
A game based on stealh rather than all-out combat, Silent Death is easy to master and fun to play. The keys ''Q,W,E'' let you choose your preferred method to decapitate an unsuspecting victim but you have to get really close to do so. Each bad has a red bar over his head, if you approach without crouching or shoot your taser nearby the bar above their head will begin to fill and when it is full they start shooting you. I would also like to point out that your taser doesn't hurt the bads, it only blows up lights and cameras (otherwise the game would be too easy.) If enemies are walking towards you and/or see you then aim at their feet and press space to throw a smoke grenade which stuns them for a few seconds- also remember that 1.You only get two smokeys per level so use them sparingly and 2.If the bads have already started shooting at you they keep shooting forward even while stunned so get behind them as quick as possible.
So, like I say it is short, fun and quite easy.
Rating: 8/10

Added (05/09/08, 6:05 Pm)
A.L.A.I.S 1,2 & 3
The Alias series is brilliant. You play as a little soldier with conventional ''W,A,S,D''
controls and mouse aim/fire. The style is fun and quite easy and you fight everything from robot security systems to gunmen and guard -dogs. There is a difficult boss at the end of each episode.The Alias 1 boss is describes as ''Cheap Cubic Big Robot and you have to blast it's eyes out then jump through it, dodge its missiles, wait until it jumps up then get under it and shoot the big red button. Watch out though as you have to get out fast before it jumps on you!. The Alias 2 boss is a tractor driving maniac who fires TNT wheels, Alias 3 boss is a mad professor in a robot suit who has a big hammer and regenerates/respawns when you think he is dead. I think your character is meant to be some sort of robot- soldier who is unsure who's side he is on. The storyline varies between episodes but basically you shoot everything that moves and if you really want to know more there is an introductory text that tells you before each episode (though I am too lazy to read them).
On Alias 3 you can get cool plasma grenades activated by crouch and fire. Also on Alias 3 you get to drive a tank for a short amount of time.
Rating 9/10

Added (05/09/08, 6:59 Pm)
Added (05/09/08, 6:06 Pm)
Tanks
''Tanks'' is a turn-based tank battle game where the player controls a tank and chooses munition type, power and elevation for the weapon and tries to destroy the opponent (human or AI) on a variety of random forest/mountain/desert etc. maps. Between levels you can buy new weapons/upgrades to aid you in future battles. Volcano bombs are a useful weapon as they explode into explosive fragments. By far the best (and most expensive - 25,000 points) is the air-strike which rains explosives onto an area of your choice anywhere on the map and almost guarantees you the kill.
The game is alright if you like that sort of thing and is good for human vs human mp but can get repetitive after awhile as there is little variation between maps and battles.
Rating: 6/10

Added (05/09/08, 6:07 Pm)
Bullet Time Fighting
This is a fun little game where the objective is to pummel the opponent into submission. It is clearly based on the Matrix and thus you can slow time to perform slow-motion moves etc. Arrow keys move and down arrow initializes melee attack. If you press shift you can equipt a gun and use ctrl to fire, but you have limited ammo. There are also special combination moves but I cannot list them all now (and don't have to because it says it in the instructions) It is fairly easy to beat the AI but MP is really good especially two-player teambattle where you can team up with a friend to fight two AI. The controls are quite small however but simply by right-clicking and pressing zoom in you can forget this problem.
The main difficulty is in mastering the tricky combos but they can be effective if use them right and it is probably easier to try in slow-motion as the game suggests.
Overall a great game.

Added (05/09/08, 6:57 Pm)
Gunmaster Jungle Madness
Basically you have a number of weapons including rocket launchers mines and assault rifles with which to destroy enemy ai guys. Hordes of bad guys attack you and you have to hold out as long as you can. It is simple, fun and addictive. There are 4 main enemy types: infantry who are easily neutralized by a shot to the head or anti-personnel mines, Huey Cobra helicopters which fall quite easily to whatever you care to shoot at them with- but watch out for their rockets, A-10 aircraft (shark mouths) are best brought down with concentrated fire and big, fat B-2 bombers which take a lot to bring down and will try to bomb you into oblivion- note the bombs can be shot.
I've only played this version once so far, score 2285, tell me if you beat it. wink
Rating: 8/10

Added (05/09/08, 7:34 Pm)
Ragdoll Cannon 2
Ragdoll Cannon is an interesting and surprisingly addictive game which challenges the player to fire ''ragdolls'' at a target. As you progress levels become harder and test your skills to the limit. The game needs some intelligence but once mastered proves very fun and addictive. The easy starter levels are a good warm up but if you are ready for the real challenge go to the menu and type ''you'' into the level code box. This'll get you straight to level 31, the (level that beat me). Make sure to post if you beat the level.
Rating: 6.5/10

Added (05/09/08, 7:46 Pm)
Endless War 3
Take part in a variety of historic, modern and futuristic battle in a birds-eye-view shooter like no other. Use a massive selection of weaponry to mow down your foes, everything from scythes to napalm rocket launchers. The player controls their soldier with the keyboard and fires with the mouse as you fight alone or with ai teammates (at the end of each battle I usually finish off any remaining teammates :D) . In each campaign you will gain ranks as you defeat the ai. It is a seriously good game but can go slow when loads of people start shooting. The grey grenades are great indoors because they rebound and rip the enemy to shreds. Also the flare gun is a wicked side arm to use if available because 1 hit will set the enemy alight and slowly kill them. When you utilize cover watch out as some projectiles can ricochet around corners.

Leader of Clan Sabre: Arise my warriors and free this land of the Wesnoth-Haters, let us claim what is ours.
Wesnoth IS the best game ever created.

Message edited by Longbow - Friday, 05/09/08, 6:58 PM

bgamingDate: Saturday, 06/09/08, 11:39 AM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
Well Longbow,

We greatly appreciate you're reviews, keep it up!

Best Regards,

Blake McCulloch

LongbowDate: Saturday, 06/09/08, 11:40 AM | Message # 3
King of the Fishies
Glad you like 'em B

Leader of Clan Sabre: Arise my warriors and free this land of the Wesnoth-Haters, let us claim what is ours.

dreadnought106Date: Saturday, 06/09/08, 12:13 PM | Message # 4
Group: Gamer Gurus
even i appreciate ur reviews just do not do the derby game

blut blut blut fool

LongbowDate: Saturday, 06/09/08, 12:16 PM | Message # 5
King of the Fishies
You appreciate them! Great! I had forgotten that game, but now u mention it....

Added (06/09/08, 12:16 Pm)
The Derby Game
Words simply cannot describe this game (even with a thesaurus) . The ideas are so imaginative and well made, the beautiful graphics interface radiates professional and addictive gaming. The game is essentially a horse racing game where the player can win every time by changing the bets. The mighty stallions charge down well presented virtual race courses as they strive for an illusive victory.
Rating: 11/10

Message edited by Longbow - Saturday, 06/09/08, 12:17 PM

dreadnought106Date: Saturday, 06/09/08, 5:17 PM | Message # 6
longbow u will face the rath of the ps3 fool. u hav no idea!!!

Added (06/09/08, 5:17 Pm)
even windows beats the linux! mwhuhahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!

blut blut blut fool

LongbowDate: Saturday, 06/09/08, 6:41 PM | Message # 7
King of the Fishies
New Jungle Madness Score 2810
''Wrath of the ps3 fool'' Sorry can we just clear this up?
Do you mean ...ps3, fool as in me the fool who will be facing the wrath
or are you saying you are the ps3 fool and I will face your wrath, ie. I will face the wrath of the ps3 fool?
I think the latter is more true but .... spiderman
And I hardly think Windows beats Linux, Linux is equal if not superior to Windows and costs infinitely less. If you like giving Bill evil all your money for dodgy virus prone software that crashes all the time... your choice. To quote some inspirational Wesnoth player: ''In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates.'' (walls and fences symbolize boundaries in case you didn't get it, so in a world without boundaries...)

Message edited by Longbow - Saturday, 06/09/08, 7:17 PM

dreadnought106Date: Sunday, 07/09/08, 11:54 AM | Message # 8
yes you dumass!!! i hate both windows and linux but sony and macintosh are the future. linux is a giant glitch and windows a con sony's ps3 is so much faster and has more stuff that it makes the 360 obsolete and macintosh gives you what you pay for. an honest fast running system with no errors and a wide variety of options and a waranty which actually means anything.

Added (07/09/08, 11:54 Am)
and the metaphor is rubbish cos wesnoth is so small in comparison to every other game that you just insulted your self yet again!!!

blut blut blut fool

LongbowDate: Monday, 08/09/08, 6:39 PM | Message # 9
King of the Fishies
Macintosh? The coat?

Added (07/09/08, 5:14 Pm)
I made this: ''In a world with a bright future free from clouds and rain, why buy a mac?''

Added (08/09/08, 4:36 Pm)
Level Code for Bush Shoot out rice
or fountain

Added (08/09/08, 6:39 Pm)
Ragdoll cannon level 35, bounty

Message edited by Longbow - Monday, 08/09/08, 4:41 PM

dreadnought106Date: Wednesday, 10/09/08, 8:00 PM | Message # 10
yer well the reviews arent so bad but the person writing them. jeez hes crap!

blut blut blut fool

LongbowDate: Thursday, 11/09/08, 4:27 PM | Message # 11
King of the Fishies
Quote (dreadnought106)
yer well the reviews arent so bad

Thanks! cool

dreadnought106Date: Friday, 19/09/08, 6:29 PM | Message # 12
yer but the person... i dont no him very well but he sounds awful

blut blut blut fool

LongbowDate: Friday, 19/09/08, 7:21 PM | Message # 13
King of the Fishies
I don't think anyone likes this long-bow guy....wait a minute......that's me!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrr angry

Forum » Main » Flash Games » Longbow's Flash Game Reviews (Well yes, they are rubbish, but I had nothing to do so...)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: